Father of 2 young children, I have lived in Bellevue for 9 years and know the neighborhood very well. I teach in a Gatineau high school and truly care in what goes on in my district. I am involved as co-president of the école de l’Escalade Parent-Teacher Association and am president of the school advisory committee.
I wish to become further involved in the community in which I live. Bellevue District needs a city Councillor who cares about families and quality of life.
Aylmer needs better public transit. To answer this need, we must choose an innovative solution.
For enhanced road sharing
- Implement security measures on Boulevard Lorrain as soon as possible.
- Redesign some dangerous intersections along Labrosse Boulevard.
- Encourage the installation of bollards to reduce speed in residential neighborhoods.
- Make sure children can safely walk or cycle to school.
- Ensure the streets in need of new pavement are repaved as soon as possible.
QUALITY OF LIFE
In all our neighborhoods
Ensure satisfactory maintenance and snow removal of streets and sidewalks.
Work towards keeping municipal taxes low by ensuring good financial management without cutting services to citizens.
Ensure Bellevue North will be designated for the construction of the next primary school in the area.
Maintain and improve access to our natural sites such as the Des Hauteurs forest.
Optimize the use of our community center and our parks by increasing activities offered there.
Enhance the potential of de la Vérendrye Park.
Put forward new ideas
- Accelerate the Rapibus extension to Boulevard Lorrain.
- Set up various solutions such as right turns, countdown timers at traffic lights, traffic signal timing, etc.
DE LA VÉRENDRYE BOULEVARD
Advancing the project
- Work actively with provincial and federal governments to advance this project.
- Consult with residents living along the boulevard when it will be extended in order to determine possible noise reduction measures.
CYCLING AND PEDESTRIAN NETWORK
Safe and functional
- Create a cycling path on the Labrosse Boulevard hill to connect with other links such as the Rapibus and the North-South axis.
- Promote the development of a cycling and pedestrian path to safely access Lac Beauchamp, thereby increasing its tourism potential.
- Work closely with the Bellevue-Nord Association and work towards reviving Bellevue-Sud Association in order to increase cultural, sports, and local community activities.
Located North of Beauchamp Lake, between Main street and Lorrain boulevard in its urban section, and between montée Paiement and la Blanche river up to Rural Route No. 6 Bellevue is mostly made of residential neighborhoods.
This district foster’s a hidden jewel : the « boisé des Hauteurs ». This undeveloped area shelters various habitats (mature forest, pond, swamps) as well as a diversified fauna and flora, which includes rare or vulnerable species. This forest renders ecological services such as water filtration, and constitutes a green bridge allowing animals like deers to cross over to the lake Beauchamp park. The « boisé des Hauteurs » represents leisure and educational opportunities for the district’s youth as well as for the rest of the city.